Purpose of the role
The position is responsible for conducting Level 1 to Level 3 Energy Audit of HVAC systems, identifying and qualifying energy efficiency opportunities in new and existing buildings through the improvement of HVAC systems. The Energy Sustainability Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and evaluation of the opportunity to reduce energy costs and improve energy efficiency of the HVAC systems.
1. Support Sales in the pre-qualification and conduct desktop analysis of the client opportunity
2. Plan, organize, lead internal team to implement site measurement plans and deploy instruments to measure parameters such as water flow rate, water pressure, energy consumption, temperatures, etc.
3. Perform on-site energy efficiency audits to identify Energy Conservation Measures (ECM) on HVAC systems (Chillers, Pumps, Cooling Towers, Air Handling Units)
4. Perform conceptual design, analysis, preparing BOQ of the ECM and present the proposal to sales and management
5. Coordinate, lead and inspect on-site work and installations performed by suppliers, consultants, and contractors during on-site survey
6. Ensure a clear documentation for proper project hand-over with the Project Team and supports the Project Team during kick-off phase
Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Controls, Energy or Environmental Engineering
1. Degree or Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Controls, Energy or Environmental Engineering
2. 2-5 years’ experience in an Energy or Mechanical Engineering position.
3. Professional Energy/Sustainability related certification such as Singapore Certified Energy Manager (SCEM), BCA Energy Auditor, or BCA Green Mark Accredited Professional is a plus
4. Specialist qualification in Refrigeration and Air-conditioning and Energy Management will be an added advantage
5. Strong knowledge of energy efficiency methodology of HVAC system (Chillers, Pumps, Cooling Towers, Air Handling Units)
6. Strong knowledge of refrigeration system will be an added advantage
7. Hands-on experience of instrumentation installations (power meters, temperature sensors, and pressure sensors, flow meters) is preferred
8. Good knowledge in MS Office, especially in-depth knowledge in MS Excel
9. Strong written and oral communication skills for customer interaction and report writing
10. A willingness to learn and work in a team environment with extensive contact with clients
11. Ability to work autonomously and independent with little oversight
12. Independent and self-starter with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills