Full Time Internship
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
You will be a member of Kemin’s innovative and highly productive QA/QC team. Your knowledge of fundamental sciences (in the areas of Chemistry, Biochemistry, Life Sciences, Chemical Engineering), good laboratory practices and quality control will be helpful to support our innovation projects. Your contribution to our commercial research team involving new design of experiments, analytical testing, thorough technical investigations, and continuous improvement initiatives will help Kemin provide quality and safe ingredients to our customers in the animal nutrition and health industry.
You will have ample opportunities to acquire practical skills in a quality assurance/quality control environment – to support the roll-out of new products for our 14 markets in this region. Your skills in analytical instrumentation and having a problem-solving mindset will be a useful asset in this role. We currently have research internship projects spanning from 6-month to 12-month in duration.
1) Conduct QA/QC experiments, developing laboratory methods and setting up of equipment for the QA/QC Labs.
2) Be part of the QA/QC team to develop new methods and improve current SOPs.
3) Ensure good technical record and documentation of experimental data and maintain data integrity with appropriate traceability as per Kemin’s quality management system.
4) Assist in literature reviews, publication search and collation of data.
5) Conduct shelf life studies of current and new products.
6) Perform statistical analysis on data acquired
7) Work with all other functional teams and departments (R&D, Production, Marketing) to contribute to the overall success of Kemin.
Postgraduates students with BSc/MSc or PhD candidates (on vacation) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Life Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Process Technology, Biotechnology, Materials Science or related relevant working experience.
At least 1 year of working experience in a laboratory.
Experience using High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometer and FT-NIR would be ideal.
Statistical Process Control and general statistical analysis.
A team player with a pro-active and problem-solving mindset.
Good writing and communication skills.
Analytical, observant and meticulous.
Independent and thrive on challenges.
Always keen to learn and self-motivated.