Full Time Internship
Conduct R&D Experiments, New Product Development, Method Development
Kemin Industries, Inc., is a global, trusted science-based company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures and commercializes functional ingredients and feed additives for the health and nutrition industry. Headquartered in Des Moines, USA, with a vision to “sustainably transform the quality of life every day for 80 percent of the world with our products and services” we are known for our scientific excellence, product innovations and our commitment to publishing important fundamental science findings, often paving the way in discovering and communicating important insights to our customers. Kemin Industries, Inc., has annual worldwide sales of more than US$1 billion and manufacturing facilities in more than 10 countries.
Kemin Industries (Asia) Pte. Ltd, with manufacturing and research facilities in Singapore, is the regional headquarters for Asia Pacific, covering Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Cambodia and Myanmar.
We have 3 internship positions for undergraduates. Kemin is committed to training the next-generation of outstanding scientists with commercial skills and leadership qualities.
Position: R&D Interns for Chemistry/Biochemistry/Microbiology Research Group
1) Conduct R&D experiments, developing laboratory methods and setting up of equipment for the R&D/QC Labs.
2) Be part of the R&D team to develop new products and improve current products.
3) Ensure good technical record and documentation of experimental data and maintain data integrity with appropriate traceability as per Kemin’s quality management system.
4) Assist in literature reviews and publication search and collation of data.
5) Conduct shelf life studies of current and new products.
6) Perform statistical analysis on data acquired
7) Work with all other functional teams and departments (Marketing, Production, Quality Control) and contribute to the overall success of Kemin
Postgraduates students with BSc/MSc or PhD candidates (on vacation) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Life Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Process Technology, Biotechnology, Materials Science or related relevant working experience. At least 1 year of working experience in a laboratory. Experience using High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometer and FT-IR would be ideal. Hands-on experience in cell culture work, animal studies, RT-PCR/Gene sequencing, microbiome studies, statistical analysis
Other qualities: A team player with a pro-active and problem-solving mindset.
Good writing and communication skills.
Analytical, observant and meticulous.
Independent and thrive on challenges.
Always keen to learn and self-motivated.